Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Self introduction


How to introduce yourself in japanese? Actually, there have many way to do so but I prefer the easiest one and commonly used. You can try like this:

"watashi wa ______ desu."

For example I want to introduce to others with name Wak, I would say "watashi wa Wak desu". watashi means "I" (formal form), "wa" is a particle (which I will elaborate it later) while desu is "is". Don't be suprise because japanese use verbs at the end of sentences. Below is a nouns that mostly used in Japanese





watashi (I)



わたし






formal



ore (I)



おれ






very informal (sound rude if used to strangers)



boku (I)



ぼく






informal (usually used by male only)



atashi (I)



あたし


informal (usually used by female only)





anata (you)



あなた




貴方, 貴男, 貴女
formal/informal (sometimes used by lover)



omae (you)



おまえ




お前


very informal (sound rude if used to strangers)



kimi (you)



きみ






informal





kare (he)



かれ






formal (neutral) and informal (boyfriend)



kanojo (she)



かのじょ




彼女


formal (neutral) and informal (girlfriend)


To say a nouns that represents many people usually add tachi 達 (たち) at the back. For example 私達 watashi-tachi (we), あなた達 anata-tachi (you many), 彼女たち kanojo-tachi (they female), 君たち kimi-tachi (you many) and many more. If you have more example, don't bother to give a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment