Wish to study Japanese without going to a class? Visit here and you can learn Japanese easily.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Simple reply (part 1)
Hi again, I think its time for us to learn about new words. How do Japanese say 'yes' and 'no'? Japanese say はい (hai) for yes and ない (nai) or いいえ (iie). But don't confuse with reply いいよ (iiyo) means okay! While this and there for Japanese is quite different with other language.
If I talk with Mr. Suarez with ball in my hand, and I want to tell him that what I have is a ball, I should say "これ (は) ボール です" (Kore (wa) booru desu) means 'this is a ball'. But If Mr Suarez have a ball and I want to say what he have is a ball is by saying "それ (は) ボール です" (Sore (wa) booru desu) means 'that (near you) is a ball'. If the ball is far from both me and Mr. Suarez, replace 'Sore' to 'Are' "あれ (は) ボール です".
If this and there is a location or place, 'これ' will become 'ここ' (koko). 'それ' will become 'そこ' (soko) and 'あれ' will become 'あそこ' (asoko). For example 'そこ (は) 眠り (の) 森' (Soko (wa) nemuri (no) mori) means 'there is a sleeping forest'. As a conclusion this and there is determine by speaker side or listener side.
Labels:
time and location,
words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment