Friday, March 23, 2012

Japanese particle (last part)

Particle 'de' (で)  is used in sentences that involve movement or location, one of its common used is to show what kind of vehicle used to reach destination


電車   (で)   東京   (へ)   行きます
Densha    (de)    Toukyou    (e )    ikimasu          [I go to Tokyo by train]

Another usage is used to show location of an event
デパート   (で)   シャツ   (を)   買います
Depaato    (de)    shatsu    (o)    kau              [Buy a shirt at a department store]



 While particle 'to' (と) is used exactly same as 'and' in English

私   (は)   寿司   (と)   卵   (が)   好き   です
Watashi    (wa)    sushi    (to)    tamago    (ga)    suki   desu      [I like sushi and egg]


Particle 'ya' (や) also have a same function like partile 'to' but particle 'to' is used more frequently than particle 'ya'. However there still many other particle in Japanese but I won't explain them yet because
those particle used as a preposition or verbs in other language. Any additional info please give me a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment